Friday, April 23, 2004

I want my Google Mail!, part 2


Well, I've finally managed to set up my Google Mail (or GMail).

Unfortunately, my computer has an aversion to general search engines, hence its refusal to show the Google website and Google Mail. Heck, it doesn't even allow the operation of the Yahoo search engine either. (Though it's fine with specific search engines like Amazon or Dictionary.com.)

Anyway, people who want to contact me via this blog can now reach me at estranghero@gmail.com. (And if this thing starts getting spam mail, at least I know some people are reading my blog!)

And unlike my friend Rhoch, I'm not bothered by Google's specific-ads:

You may also have noticed some text ads or related links to the right of this message. They're placed there in the same way that ads are placed alongside Google search results and, through our AdSense program, on content pages across the web. The matching of ads to content in your Gmail messages is performed entirely by computers; never by people. Because the ads and links are matched to information that is of interest to you, we hope you'll find them relevant and useful.

Not that I'm selling out, mind you... though I have no idea what I'm selling out to or what I'm selling to begin with...


No comments: