Thursday, June 24, 2004

And The Week Isn't Halfway Over Yet...


Well, it was an interesting job interview I had with this magazine yesterday afternoon.

Suffice to say, they were looking for a managing editor to replace their current one who's moving on to their flagship magazine. I spoke with the said ME, plus their editor-in-chief and assistant editor, all a nice bunch of people.

Myself, I felt particularly overwhelmed by what the job entails: ensure the writers submit their articles on time, talk to the advertising side, placate the product managers, get the magazine out on the deadline set, yadayadayada.... Huh, I kept asking myself the whole time before, during and after the interview: Shit, what am I doing here?

Of course, I gave my best game face during the interview, pouring out the charm, trying to sound like I'm saying something during the times when I had no idea what to say.

Fuck, I've forgotten how nervous job interviews make me.

Anyway, the editors said they'll get back to me within two weeks so we'll see if I made a good impression on them. And then I'll decide if I can hack the sumbitch of a job to take it or not.

Wala lang.


No comments: