Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Status Check

Hmmm.  Sorry if the last few posts have been about books.  Obviously, it's been a rough past week such that it's been easier to talk about other stuff rather than get into the nitty-gritty of real life.

I'm still not getting enough sleep, despite putting in 6-7 hours.  Usually, I wake up as tired as I was when I took to bed.  Too much going on in my head.  Thank goodness for coffee and cigarettes.  A beer too, every now and then.

At least the Pajero is now in the shop while my Dad's insurance is running defense on the people I had the accident with.  There are times when I feel that having connections is a bad, bad, bad thing but this time is not it.  (A silver lining to last week's accident: Remember my tummy problem?  The day after, it was gone.  Wow.  Maybe I should patent the process...)  I drive more carefully nowadays, too: a bit slower, a bit more thoughtful.  Though I can't help but let my temper flare every now and then.  Manila traffic is the Ninth Circle of Hell, I tell you.

At least the puppies are doing better.  I've been giving the mama dog a drop of baby's multivitamins every other day so I guess it's helping.  Keep your fingers crossed.

In the larger view, the Filipino hostage in Iraq has been released but expect some repercussions in the international community.  That may possibly include future hostage-taking so any wager will be a sucker bet.

Wala lang.

 


No comments: