Thursday, April 21, 2005

In Heaven There is No Beer...

... but I sure really need a drink now.

(In response to Jay's assertion that nobody's blogging at the moment...)

Seriously, so what's been happening around here?

Well, was really busy yesterday since they announced a new Pope in Vatican City. Unfortunately, since we're not a 24-hour shop like our competitor, we weren't able to update our website on the latest news. What made it worse was that our print section did a page one reformat (at fucking two o'clock in the morning!) so our front page didn't match theirs.

Doubly-unfortunate, our night-shift editor couldn't get back to the office and I was at home already. Obviously, when I came in the morning, I had to do something about that, including waking up one of the tech officers in the next room and finding the correct text to upload.

Huh, I remember the last time this happened: the September 11 attack in the US several years ago. Since I was handling the night shift at that time, I remember I had to go back to the office 'round 11:30 p.m. just so that there would newsflash updates in the aftermath of the event.

One of the disadvantages working in media, as I would always point out. Oh well...

(And yes, I know the right end-phrase to the post title should be "... and that's why we drink it here." Thank God there's always coffee.)

No comments: