Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Local Calls Only

You've gotta be kidding me.

I know a lot of people in the local blogosphere have been commenting on the Philippines' political situation (see here, here, here, and a hint here), especially on the wiretapped conversations between Philippine President Gloria Arroyo and Elections Commissioner Virgilio Garcillano on how to cheat (or how they cheated) in the May 2004 national polls.

My only comment is: who the hell came up with the idea of using the recorded conversations as a ring tone for cell phones?

The person is a fucking genius, I tell you. Sorely lacking in useful things to do, yes, but a definite genius.

Bet you nobody ever thought of using Bill Clinton or George W. Bush's spiels for ring tones, eh?

"Hello Garci?"

-------

edited to add: Hmm... heard samples of the ringtone last night in the news. (Sorry, no link yet.) You know what they're using as background to the vocals? 50 Cent's "In the Club".

As they say, I heart being a Filipino.

triple-edit: Damn! Forgot it was Suman Latik Wednesday. I should have a Jonas calendar on this blog to remind me. Anyway, I suppose I could always cheat and add an edit to the above post about local tastes and all but really, that would be low of me.

So just check out the rest of the Suman posse: Jonas, Clair, Iris, The Captain, Dean, Elias, Sean, Dominique, Kel, Jac, Buddy, Anton, and Muguid.

No comments: