Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Monster is Back!

Just got this in my email.

Dear Esteemed Wrimo,

It's that time again. NaNoWriMo has officially opened for its seventh noveling season, and we'd love to have you back for another raucous and productive November.

To reactivate your 2004 account, just head to http://www.nanowrimo.org/ and click on the User Login Tab.

If you are an Earthlink subscriber, you may be affected by a problem. Earthlink is having with their DNS servers. If you are seeing a GoDaddy.com site instead of the NaNoWriMo site, please email help@nanowrimo.org for instructions on how to work around this problem.

See you in the forums!

The NaNoWriMo Staff

Anyone joining this year?

Personally, I'm not sure as I don't have any novel-length stories in my head. Actually, I do but I'm not sure if I want to write it down as I'm currently undergoing a crisis in writing identity. Kind of like: am I writing for myself? Am I writing for an audience? Which audience, local or international? Should my writings have some social commentary? Should I just go for the weirdest, wildest ideas without concern about trying to SAY something? Maybe I should just get that ham sandwich?

Ya know, writing questions like that.

Of course, I suppose it's because am pickling over ideas on postcolonial/emergent literature and discussions over Ian's blog about what's wrong with Philippine literature.

*sigh*

Things were simpler when I was younger and thinking of childish pastiche derivatives of whatever book I was reading then. Of course I've always wondered what part of my subconscious I got that story of trying to get the Earth revolving again via two nuclear missiles.

Wala lang.

No comments: