Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Some Days...

... it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. Or weeks or months for that matter.*

Lately, I've been incoherent. I suppose I could chalk it up to lack of sleep but then again, I've been sleeping 6 hours average so I figure that's not it. Maybe it's the fact when I sleep, I have such weird fast-forwarded dreams that I can't remember when I wake up and still feel as though I haven't slept a wink.

Because of this, I feel the weight of words when I talk and write. When I speak, I can't seem to enunciate my thoughts properly or clearly. And fat chance I'd get any writing done. Aside from one or two stories for next year and another story I should be editing, I'm considering submitting a story to MANual magazine for their Quickie Fiction challenge (write a 700-word story on the kama sutra, the avian flu, and aswang). Unfortunately, I can't seem to wrap my mind around the ideas and I'm reduced to metaphorically banging my head against the wall.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be affected is my reading: given a choice, I'd rather sit down to read a book and to feel the river of words flow before me. However, I also have to choose some easy-reading material as any heavy reading is relegated to the backburner for a while.

I don't know. Maybe I just need a vacation.

Wala lang.

*And in case you're wondering, the picture above was a stray kitten that was wandering about the back entrance of our office. I don't know, I suppose I empathized with his situation. Later, when I went down again for another smoke, the kitty was gone. I hope he does alright.

No comments: