Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Fully Book-Marked




(like a lot in life, click on photo for a bigger picture)

So: the Philippine Speculative Fiction book launch.

As usual, I was delayed getting to Fully-Booked in Promenade, Greenhills last Saturday thanks to Metro Manila's Christmas season traffic jams. So instead of arriving at 6:30 (the launch time), I came in an hour late. Because of this, I missed the presentation and a lot of picture-taking (here, here, and here). However, I did manage to catch the food (no, I didn't eat) and a lot of signing with fellow writers that was reminiscent of org sig-sheet sign-ups in college.

Nice though to meet up again with Dean as well as meet with a lot of other bloggers (Alvin, Charles and Gerry) or contributors (Nikki, Andrew, Sky and Vin). Hah! As Alvin said, any gathering of bloggers eventually turn out into something of a blogger-EBs.

I was trying to get Alvin and Charles to sign (something-- anything!) in order to prove that the two were actual people and not just AIs or blog-created personalities. Hey, just trying to be sure, you know. I also managed to get Gerry to sign my copy of Siglo: Passion without going fanboy on him... too much. Likewise, I had to apologize to Sky as I wasn't able to bring a couple of books I owe him. Unfortunately, as I get older, my memory starts to resemble something like Swiss cheese.

After less than an hour going around hobnobbing with writers and artists, I met up with [identity-protected] and her friends and siblings who were with me that night and we all went to nearby Burgoo's for dinner.

After all, words are good but us hobnobbers got to eat too.

No comments: