Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Waiting for the Sequel!

Just in case anyone is interested, here's an update to the last post

  • Kong-chu said yes to Hobbes' proposal. (Yay!) Though I wasn't there, I knew it was a laugh a minute, especially when I heard Kong-chu freaked out a bit at the sight of all the flowers. Women!
  • Manual mag replied to my query, saying yes, I'll be paid for my submission. Unfortunately, it will take two months from the time of publication before they release the check. And yes, par for the course, they forgot to email me about publishing the story. Oh well...
  • So I've submitted to Vin's antho last January and the Gaiman contest last February. That's like one story a month since the year started. Wow. I suppose that means I better start writing another one for this month to be consistent. Though it feels weird I don't have a deadline to contend with. (AAAARGGH! WHAT AM I SAYING?!?)
  • Speaking of Manual, I told my dad about having a story published there and... well, here's the conversation:
    Me: Hey, I got a story published in Manual.
    My dad: Yeah, your brother told me. I thought it was one of those weird stories again.
    Me: What do you expect, having read all those Stephen King books a long time ago? (So, really. If there's anyone to blame for my stories, I blame my dad's Stephen King collection.)
  • And if there's guerilla-writing, guerilla-reading, there's also guerilla-bookbuying. Thanks to some financial quick-stepping, I've managed to get a few books on my to-buy list (including Michael Stackpole's A Secret Atlas, R. Scott Bakker's The Warrior-Prophet and Greg Keyes' The Charnel Prince) despite lacking funds. Hah! When there's a will, there's a way!

Now back to the grind for me...

No comments: