Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Promise

From noted fantasist Jonathan Carroll on his vow to the readers of his journal:

I have always thought a blog should be interesting all the time, or at least try to be. That's why so many of them are deadly boring: The writers simply talk about their parakeets or the fact they're having a tooth pulled. Why on earth would I want to read about things like that day after day? Whether it's my own experience or the quotes I use, I would hope people read the thing and come away
with something substantial. It doesn't matter if it's my something or someone else who's a lot smarter or more insightful, IE the quotes or poems I use. Just something you can think about for a while; roll around in your mind like a marble in a clothes dryer.

(Found in gabe's comment section.)

I quite agree with the above. Still, this probably means I have to throw out my post about cutting my toe-nail claws...er.

No comments: