Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Status Report

The book-lover in me is crowing over the fact that despite being halfway around the world, local bookshelves are relatively updated on the latest fantasy and science-fiction titles. On the other hand, my newly-acquired thrifty soul is bewailing the fact that most of the new stuff are in hardbound. *sigh*

Still, you have to hand it to Powerbooks considering their track record of new books is well ahead as compared to Fully-Booked.

As of last count, I've seen the following titles on Powerbooks bookshelves that left me slavering like a wolfhound:




Of course, as charles mentioned, Fully-Booked at least has a more regular delivery schedule in new books whereas Powerbooks only delivers every two months (?). Likewise, Fully-Booked concentrates more on UK and paperback editions, the latter appealing more to my present penny-pinching ways.

However, in terms of "Holy shit! They have that already!"-factor, if you see this guy smudging up the display window at Powerbooks with their dirty little paws, that's probably me.

P.S. I would have taken camera shots of the above books on the actual bookshelves but haven't gotten around to going to the shops lately. Why torture myself, right? *sobs*

No comments: