Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Ex Libris Service Advisory

Eh. I've started to use a grading system for my ex libris book reviews but I haven't exactly explained what it means. It goes like this:

  • Cats have four paws so a book can get a number of paws ranging from 1 to 4.
  • A four-paw (****) review means the book is really good and I'm going to bring a bat to your head if you don't go out and read it.
  • A three-paw (***) review means that I really like reading the book but there was something wrong or off about it, i.e. it wasn't a perfect read.
  • A two-paw (**) review is a book that I liked but there were a whole lot of 'something wrongs' with it that almost ruined the read for me.
  • A one-paw (*) review is a read that was okay or passable, nothing spectacular.

Of course, there will be books that I won't like-- the tail-end of the cat, so to speak-- but I really don't get a chance to review those books. This is because if I don't like the book, I generally don't finish it. And if I don't finish it, then I'll try not to review it. (Unless it's one of those I-must-throw-against-the-wall types of books.)

Oh, and in other news, I managed to finish tagging all my ex libris reviews so you can check out the review tag for all my book reviews (though strangely enough, it only shows up to 2006 on the front page).

Now, back to your regular viewing/ reading...

No comments: