Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Curious Cat Question

I don't understand why people-- when faced with a possible confrontation with someone they don't know, say in a raised voice-- "Hindi mo ba ako kilala?" (Translated: Don't you know who I am?) I thought at first that it's a Filipino thing but really, it encompasses race, nationality and gender.

It does make me wonder though: why am I supposed to know you? Are you on Facebook or something? (Not that I'm on it.) Did you send me a link that I completely forgot to say 'yes' to? And really, why should I even care who the fuck you are to begin with? Trust me, the world won't stop spinning if it doesn't know you exist.

In the end, I think it's a stupid question to ask. But maybe it's because I prefer to commit violence and illicit activities anonymously. After all, why tell everyone who you are before or after you've done something particularly stupid, right? That's why they're called witnesses.

Idiots.

No comments: