Friday, August 28, 2009

Back to the Future



I was surprised to discover a couple days ago that [identity-protected] didn't know (or remember) seeing that '80s Walt Disney classic movie, Tron. Aghast, I turned to uber-geeklord carljoe to confirm that, yes, this sci-fi movie did make an impact on us youngsters at the time it came out. Fortunately, he also had a copy in his hardware and gave me a copy to reminisce over.

And what's not to like about this pre-CGI, pre-The Matrix movie about a guy who got sucked into a computer program to fight an evil artificial intelligence? Looking over the scenes, I'm surprised and gratified to see the movie holding up pretty well in this day and age where the whole movie can be done in CGI (re: Avatar).

Anyway, the reason I brought this up is because I've seen the trailer for the sequel, Tron Legacy, and boy does it kick ass. And for those who've seen the first movie, the trailer's end is a shocker!

Here's an example of the digital cinematics of the first movie.



Now compare that to the trailer here.

P.S. Quick! Catch that Lego Tron! (From here.)



No comments: