Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

I love trailers. I always make it a point to catching the trailers before the start of a flick at the moviehouse.

So at my new job, I get a chance to check out interesting stuff online-- including trailers for upcoming movies. And for 2010, there are two great movies that I'm looking forward to based on their trailers: The Expendables and Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

For the first movie, how can anyone resist a movie that has all the great action stars in one flick? You've got Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, and Eric Roberts (with cameos of Bruce Willis and Arnold "The Governator" Schwarzenegger).

The second movie doesn't have a great casting call but it takes all the tropes in woodsy-farmhouse slasher flicks like The Hills Have Eyes, Wrong Turn, etc. and give them a funny turn. Think of Shaun of the Dead but with hillbillies and moronic teenagers. It also has Alan Tudyk of Serenity fame in the lead role.

Admittedly, these movies may actually suck when I get to watch them finally but I don't care. They're great trailers and you'll see why when you click on those screens.

Expendables


Tucker and Dale vs. Evil




Ah, don't you just love trailer tease?

No comments: