Sunday, August 08, 2010

July Books

Whatever's afflicting me and causing my current disinterest in bookhunting is still at it. Fortunately, my book purchases have picked up a bit such that I've bought three books in the previous month.

As I mentioned last month, I was aiming to get three particular books: Cherie Priest's Boneshaker, the Neil Gaiman-edited Stories, and Hiroshi Yamamoto's The Stories of Ibis. Alas, by the time I had money, Full Booked ran out of copies of Priest's book.

On the plus side, I was able to get the Gaiman anthology on the sly-- which counts as one purchase for July. I wasn't able to get Yamamoto's book during the recent anniversary sale at Fully Booked in High Street as that branch ran out of copies. In exchange though, I picked up this interesting book, Train Man by Hitori Nakano, which is all about geek love.

Lastly, I managed to score a hardbound copy of Thomas Pynchon's Against the Day in one of National Bookstore's a hundred-buck hardbound bargain bins. I've been looking for a reason to get Pynchon's book and this was it.

Anyway, we'll see if this book-apathy continues for the next few months.

No comments: