Monday, October 04, 2010

September Books



For the past month of September, my reading had slowed down to zero. However, some book purchases came in by way of my dad who went to the US.

Mostly anthologies, these books had just come out in US bookshelves so I was able to request for these. These range from: The Secret History of Fantasy (edited by Peter S. Beagle), the companion book to Tachyon Publication's The Secret History of Science Fiction (edited by James Patrick Kelly and John Kessel); the SF-city antho Metatropolis (edited by John Scalzi); and Swords & Dark Magic: The New Sword and Sorcery (edited by Jonathan Strahan and Lou Anders).

The last book that I requested from my dad's sojourn to the US is Cherie Priest's Western/steampunk novel, Boneshaker. Alas, though copies of this book had already shown up locally, I wasn't able to buy a copy and was forced to get my own from abroad. (Goes to show that one can only wait for so long before making a move.)

Locally, I managed to procure a copy of Steve Aylett's other Beerlight novel, Slaughtermatic. I loved the first Beerlight-- and Aylett-- novel I read, Atom, and if there was ever a setting I wanted to visit again, it's the city of Beerlight.

No comments: