Monday, January 02, 2012

New stories for the New Year

From kyu:

PGS Online will be open to fiction submissions by Pinoy writers for reading and consideration from January 1, 2012 to April 30, 2012.

Here are the guidelines:

1. Word count: 1,500 up to 8,000 words.
2. Preferred genres: Science fiction, fantasy, crime, mystery, horror, and all subgenres falling under these.
3. Keep in mind that PGS caters not only to adult readers, but also to minors. This is not to say that profanity, gore, violence, and sex will not be accepted in a story, but make sure that such is integral to the story and not just for its own sake. Otherwise, PGS is open to any type of story treatment.
4. Payment is P500.00 for an accepted piece.
5. Please follow standard manuscript format for short story submissions.
6. Email submissions as rtf or doc attachments to pdofsf(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Am glad that PGS is now open to stories for submissions. This country can't have enough Philippine speculative fiction outlets as it is! (Especially one that's online.) One thing I have to say though is I definitely like PGS's no-fuss, no-muss site design. Kudos to Dom on that.

One thing I've recently discovered is that there are a number of people out there who are secret writers in their spare time. They like reading, they like writing stories... and that's it. They have no plans in getting their stories published, read and enjoyed by other people. I hope to change that. If ever I have a mission for 2012, it's to get people who like to write to take a chance and let others enjoy their works. I did this how many years ago and I've never regretted sending my first story to Dean's PSF volume 1.

As a short term goal, I'll take this open-submissions call as a sign that it's time for me to get back to writing stories again after my long hiatus.

No comments: