Friday, March 26, 2004

A Night at the Roxbury's-- Pinoy style


An interesting conversation with my friends from high school last week. It goes something like this:

TC: So you guys want to watch 50 First Dates?
me: That's a chick flick.
AA: Oo nga naman.
TC: Yah, but it has Adam Sandler.
me: It's still a chick flick. Tapos puro guys tayo ang manunuod? Okay ka lang?
Aljay: He has a point there.
me: Of course, Love Actually is worse. Maganda siya, pero yun talaga ang chick flick.

... And so on, and so forth.

My point being is that I remember when my high school barkada and I (all of us guys) used to go watch movies, including chick flicks (like While You were Sleeping, Sleepless in Seattle, and You Got Mail), without a thought that that was what it was. Well, in my case anyway. I just realized that later on.

Unfortunately, Adam Sandler notwithstanding, I still haven't seen 50 First Dates. Ah well...



*Of course none of us had girlfriends then to watch these movies with but still....

** Yes, we considered ourselves a bunch of losers in high school...


No comments: