Monday, March 15, 2004

Overheard at the Community Board


Read this at the community messageboard of author Christopher Priest's weblog with regard to his review of Mel Gibson's movie The Passion. I know, I know, I promised I wouldn't comment on this anymore but it just reminded me to ask Jay the same thing.

Anyway, Priest raises a point in his review:

In The Passion, the issue of Jesus' race becomes extremely irrelevant fairly quickly. By mid-point in the film, once Christ has been beaten beyond recognition, you can't even tell what race he is and, to Gibson's credit, you're so compelled by the story that you honestly don't care.

.. which immediately drew a lot of reaction from the readers of his weblog. Anyway, during a pause in the fighting, someone comments (just scroll down a bit...):



interesting comments, all--- I think I'll avoid the crowds and the likely clusters of proseletyzing folk at the theaters.. and peep the dvd down the road...

Posted by: christopher currie at March 4, 2004 06:29 PM

Do you think Christ wouldn't mind you picking up the "bootleg"' of his story? :)

Posted by: Ty at March 4, 2004 06:43 PM



Hehehe what do you think, Jay?


No comments: