Monday, July 19, 2004

A Note on Reading...

Well, I've added a few more books on my reading list on the right.

Unfortunately, my reading speed nowadays has slowed incredibly, unlike my younger days when I could finish a book a minimum of a day or a maximum of two days.

I'm savoring the Amis' book review by review, using it like a cool glass of water to refresh my mind from the varied spiciness and taste of genre fiction, which is why I'm taking so long in finishing it.  The historical book I use as a nightcap, its dry yet informative tone perfect reading before I go to sleep.

Right now, I'm kind of stuck reading McKillip's and Lynn's books.  I particularly want to do a blogpost-review on both of these as each had won World Fantasy awards during their own time.  Patience, patience...

And then there's Kalpa Imperial, which I couldn't resist to start reading (as JP has already done, curses!).  Ditto with Hamilton's book as I lucked out and found secondhand copies of his Naked God books, the final sequence in his Night's Dawn Trilogy.  Thirdly, there's the Lucius Shepard's collection, which I had to try out after reading so many recommendations about him.

Of course, these don't include my completion books, i.e. interesting books that I've read halfway but couldn't get around to finishing.  Currently, there are two of them: Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber and King's Wizard and Glass.

So many books, so little time...

(BTW, as usual, I'm late in discovering the new interface of the blogger so here I go testing it...!)

Wala lang.

 




No comments: