Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Walking Sideways

This was too good to pass up.

I was looking through the site of our main rival when I noticed this article, Luli's Amazing Race, about how the presidential daughter, Luli Macapagal-Arroyo, managed to get the gig of greeting Amazing Race contestants at that leg's finish line.

Luli, in the said article, also apologized for making a boo-boo:

(The writer said) I also told her what some bloggers have been saying, that she forgot the cardinal rule in greeting guests in this country, which is to say, "Mabuhay!" So to set the record straight, I asked her what her exact greeting was and why "Mabuhay!" was missing.

(Luli replies) "Because I was nervous. Also because I tried to recall the pitstop greetings I had seen and most just said 'Welcome to...' So that's what I said: 'Welcome to Manila, the Philippines!' I hope I'm forgiven?"

Some bloggers? Hmmm...

This, in turn, led me to the blog of the writer, Joey Alarilla, who's been writing up on the local blogging scene and how he's doing a blogger of the week (techno-bloggers, take note!).

Of course, I do know that there's a lot of Filipinos blogging out there. Hell, there are enough blog directories (for starters, I've found this and this) on the net to take over a guy's afternoon who is supposed to be doing his work.

Still, nice to know the local blogging scene's getting some publicity.

No comments: