Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Zombie Mindfield

Braaiinnnsss...

I think I need a new one anyway. I lack sleep at the moment so brain power capacity is running subpar. I adapt by not doing anything mentally strenuous, which is real easy since my mind swerves from anything involving heavy thought.

Unfortunately, this shouldn't be an excuse not to do my writing if I want to keep my end-of-November deadline. The perils of being a fracking lazy bum. *sigh*

Why do I lack sleep? Blame it on a birthday party I attended last night; that, plus several shots of Fundador Brandy. Didn't get drunk though since I had to drive [identity-protected] and meself home. Got back to my place 'round 4 a.m.

Interesting enough, I gave last night's birthday boy Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon because he heard it was 'math-related'. Took me a while to find a paperback copy though. Huh, the things I do to pimp science-fiction and fantasy.

At least the brandy was easier on the throat compared to the vodka I took last Saturday night. Mas suave (more smoother).

Braaiinnnsss...

-------

And in other news, due to a number of requests, will now dive into the world of the 800-page Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. Wish me luck...

Also, any word if the Booker finalist Cloud Atlas is any good? Curious cats wanna know...

No comments: