Monday, January 03, 2005

Clearing the Cobwebs of 2004

Sleep-muzzy.

That's how I've been feeling the past few days after holiday season. Don't know why: maybe after seeing the disaster wrought by the tsunamis in Asia?

Strangely enough, I've read somewhere that our mind can't comprehend the individuality of any number above 1,000 or something like that. However, reading the rising casualty count in the catastrophe makes me think of the phrase "hammer of God" (or whatever deity or non-deity force you want to insert there), i.e. 180,000 people dead as the "hammer of God" came down.

Just image a gigantic hammer of water crashing down onto that mass of people...

Anyway, here's the list of things do for the year 2005:

  1. Get my car fixed finally.
  2. Ramp up my fiction writing activities.
  3. As a subset of above, start submitting. (Hey, if Dean can do it, why not I, neh? Of course, he's a Palanca award-winning writer and all yadda yadda... *sigh*)
  4. Get a higher-paying job (but as good as my present gig); if not, find additional sources of income.
  5. Get back in shape (use the bicycle in storage).
  6. Maybe take the next big step in any person's life: the M word?

Those are things on top of my head as the year 2005 starts off.

Wala lang.

-------

Edited to add:

7. Make more substantial posts than this, damn it! I feel like such an airhead sometimes. Or a nerd. Huh. An airhead nerd. Now I've heard of everything...

No comments: