Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Monster Show

Nasty looking thing, eh? Fence, mark and dinesh mentioned this:

Scientists have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.

This picture, plus media's spin of 'zombie dogs' into the subject of cryogenics, is giving me willies. Specifically, I'm having images of 28 Days Later flashing through my head as zombie dogs break out of scientific labs. But can you really blame me? I was particularly traumatized by zombie movies when, while watching a betamax tape of Felix the Cat when I was a kid, that show's end quickly segued into the middle section of George Romero's Dawn of the Dead.

Good thing I remembered seeing a blog post--how come I forget where these come from?-- describing the best way to combat zombie dogs is to use robot cats.

And speaking of forgetting where I pick these things up, here's another article on something strange (edited to add: now I remember):

A mysterious column of water vapor that shot a kilometer (3,300 feet) into the sky from the Pacific Ocean near Iwo Jima was likely caused by an underwater volcanic eruption, and ships should avoid the area, Japanese officials have said.

Hmmm. Godzilla, anyone?

And don't get me started on that highly-publicized Deep Impact NASA project!

Heh. Welcome to my world. Wala lang.

------

Edited to add: Hah! I finally found out where I got this idea of zombie dogs battling robot cats. See Brokentype's informative post and the magnificent robot cat Necoro that will save us all from the coming apocalypse unleashed by the running zombie dogs of war.

*cue music*

No comments: