Monday, October 31, 2005

Haunting An Almost Empty Office

Well, I'm at the office despite the almost week-long holiday in this country. Newspapers don't have holidays and that means-- *sigh*-- neither do I. On the other hand, I can always clock in my holiday pay for this. (Unfortunately, the whole office-- with the exception of the newsdesk downstairs-- is almost empty, hence the blog title.)

Since I still have nothing interesting to blog about, it's time for that ultimate fall back that all bloggers run to when out of words: the linkies!

Since it's Halloween, I thought it appropriate that we'd open up with this news: suicide mistaken for Halloween decoration. According to the news report, the apparent suicide of a woman found hanging from a tree went unreported for hours because passers-by thought the body was a Halloween decoration. Oy, what else can one say?

The newest reality TV show: America's Next Muppet. What next? Muppet Fear Factor? Survival Muppet? Last Muppet Standing? Or god forbid, Kermit and Ms. Piggy: Newly-weds? Still, I'd like to check this out-- especially just to hear those muppet critics, Waldorf and Statler.


Lastly (and speaking of cover art again), I heard one of best fantasy artists has passed away: Keith Parkinson, due to leukemia. I first saw Parkinson's art in Dragonlance and eventually, I saw 'em in various fantasy and SF books. So sad.

This is one of my favorite covers ever, from Katharine Kerr's The Bristling Woods. I picked this book up on the strength of its cover despite the fact that it was part of an on-going series.

And on a final note, since it's Halloween, anyone have good ghost stories they'd like to tell and creep ourselves out? *grin*

No comments: