Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Belated Birthday Post

Last week, we celebrated [identity-protected]'s birthday. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to post about it as I'd been a bit busy that time and was too tired afterwards to do so. Then again, I always thought I never had the words to do her justice anyway.

It was mostly a quiet affair. [Identity-protected] stayed home from work for that day and then I brought her to Greenbelt Makati for dinner and drinks. I gave her a nice bouquet of flowers; actually, just for fun, I gave her two. Likewise, forty of her friends and mine-- as well as her siblings-- dropped by join the celebration. I thought everyone had a good time as people from different parts of our lives met and found themselves in good company.

Funny, as I was looking over the crowd, I was amazed to see the different and disparate groups of people [identity-protected] managed to pull together in her life. There were the too-cool-to-be-in-school people, there were the drink-the-moon-down crowd, there were the struggling writers, the burning-bright yuppies and there were my long-time high school classmates (and their girlfriends/wives) who she had won over the first time they met.

And these were the people who had managed to come that evening, mind you.

Likewise, you know what came to mind as I gazed at all these people? I could only think: she is much loved. And I considered myself lucky to be included in that general category.

So: to a sexy, beautiful, intelligent woman who just a turned a year wiser, a year bolder and a year even more sizzling hot; to my better, smarter half ... BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments: