Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Riffing the Stories: Working over the Holidays

Whoops, almost missed blogging about this...

As part of the past long holiday, I did a Christmas story remembering those poor souls who have to work on that day of days for allmusicjunkie.

Obviously, the inspirational first line of the song for this one is "The 12 Days of Christmas."

Working over the Holidays

Day 120, December 25, Christmas Day.From the Log of Engineer Thomas Indra-de Leon, The Aureus Orbital

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…

I can now officially announce that this is my first Christmas in space.
I’ve already tried to fix things inside the Aureus to make it appear more festive.
Unfortunately, I don’t have too much in terms of colored paper and my Christmas lights consist of the on-board monitor’s flashing LEDs.
The Company’s budget cuts also mean I can’t make my usual orbital-distance call back to Earth to my family and my parents. Fucking cheapskates. I can see the whole planet below my observation port but I can’t greet them ‘Merry Christmas.’ The absurdity of my life.

So even though some of our friends around here don't celebrate Christmas, at least they can empathize on the lonely thought of being alone on special days without your loved ones.

Cheers, folks!

No comments: