Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Road Trip: On the Road Again


Well, life's like a road that you travel on
There's one day here and the next day gone


Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind


There's a world outside every darkened door
Where the blues won't haunt you anymore


For the brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore


We won't hesitate
To break down the garden gate
There's not much time left today, yeah


Life is a highway, I wanna ride it
All night long


If you're going my way, I wanna drive it
All night long


Through all these cities and all these towns
It's in my blood and it's all around


I love you now like I loved you then
This is the road and these are the hands

- December 31, 2009
Tom Cochran, Life is a Highway



---

And speaking of long trips, I accompanied my brother on his test run for the Bataan Death March ultramarathon* a couple of weekends ago.** The starting line was at Mariveles, Bataan and ended 50 kilometers away in Abucay.

Fun times there, trying to run under the heat of the sun. You can check out his run and pictures here and here. The actual run-- a whopping 100 kilometers all the way to San Fernando, Pampanga-- will be in March so that's not even the half of it yet!

*to commemorate the infamous Bataan Death March where 5,000-10,000 Filipino and 600-650 American prisoners of war died en route to Camp O'Donnell prison

**no, I didn't run, was part of the support crew

No comments: