Friday, February 20, 2004

Zombie


I'm damn sleepy.

This is what I get for staying out late last night and coming in around 4 a.m. I guess I'm not that young anymore if I really have to have 6-7 hours of sleep every night.

Lemme see... I ran a few errands in Robinson Galleria after leaving the office and I dropped by the Podium to checked out Ink and Stone bookshop to see what's new. Joy of joys, they had Legends II: New Short Novels by the Masters of Modern Fantasy. (Drat, I tried to load a picture of the book here but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Hmmm...)

Anyway, I then proceeded to Starbucks Katipunan to read and wait for my SO, who had her regular Thursday meeting. Around 12-ish, I finally got the call and headed on down to Sarah's, the perennial drinking place of U.P. students. Surprising for me since I hadn't been there for quite some time, there had been renovations made at that place-- including a small fountain in the middle. (What the fuck?)

Mind you, the renovations weren't half-bad. But considering that Sarah's is just a house transformed (barely) into an open-air beer garden and whose only claim to fame is that U.P. students dearly love their cheap beer, this was a big step up. (This despite a city ordinance forbidding places that serve alcoholic drinks so-and-so meters from a school. I hear Sarah's is a regular phoenix too, enduring several no-serving-of-beer-anymore periods but always rising up from the ashes. That and U.P. students can't bear being without their beer.)

But my main gripe was their men's bathroom. Basically, the men's bathroom at Sarah's was a small toilet bowl set flush (no pun intended) to the bare cement floor with corresponding concrete walls surrounding the fixture. The place stank to high heavens since the toilet bowl didn't even have a water cabinet to flush-- it was just a bucket-of-water system in that place. (You would not want to touch the toilet bowl rim. It was that bad.)

Now, after the renovation, the toilet bowl is still there sans water cabinet. But now the bare concrete wall and floors have nice, generic flesh-colored tiles.

Good grief! Where did that come from?


No comments: