Monday, February 21, 2005


So many sails

Despite the wonders on the waves, it was hard for me to enjoy the show. I was there on a job, remember: I had to report on the Boracay Funboard Cup after all. So I made sure all my bloody cares were packed in my backpack and lugged them around whenever I went to Kite Beach every morning for the six days I was there.

Still, after a time, you get bored as kites swooped one way then another and windsails zoomed in and out of your field of vision. You can only watch so many windsailing races and kiteboarding jumps, especially when you're on on your own.

Good thing I brought my writing notebooks and a book to read (Elizabeth Hand's Waking the Moon). After all, just because you're stuck doing something doesn't mean you can't have a book in hand to read while waiting, right?

No comments: