Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Spring Cleaning is A State of Mind

Feeling somewhat better nowadays though I didn't really get too much rest during the long weekend.

Despite the holiday yesterday, I still had to report for work. Thankfully, there's always the double-pay I earned from yesterday to look forward to. That and it was such a joy to drive around the traffic-less city. Still, recovering from an illness gave me a chance to sit down and assess my overall mental readiness.

It's an idiosyncracy of mine: I make lists of the things I have to do, I make sure my room and my car is spiffly-clean, I get a haircut and a good shave, etc. Basically, anything to do to dust the cobwebbed corners of my mind by literally rounding out the edges in my life.

In a reverse twist, it also helped that my PC at the office conked out and the tech crew had to re-format the whole damn thing. As much as possible, I try to make sure my files are updated both here and at home. However, because of the re-format, I had to go through all my files that were saved and it gave me a chance to clean up my computer (including links I've saved from this and that website).

As I always say, spring-cleaning isn't a season but a state of mind.

No comments: