Friday, October 23, 2009

And We're Back...


(Singularity photo from here)

Fortunately (or unfortunately), we didn't achieve writer's singularity like I thought I would. (Which makes me wonder what we'd all turn into if we did achieve writer's singularity-- but I digress.)

Though I managed to hit most of my deadlines, I wasn't able to finish the main one-- the book contest for NBDB. Alas, no matter how hard I tried-- and even with a one week extension-- one month wasn't enough for me to write a hundred pages of story.

But still, it was a fun try and thanks to the impetus, I now have more than half of the book done. But even without the prize of the NBDB contest giving me a push, I'll just have to finish putting together what I've imagined in my head on my own. As for publishing... who knows, I may just chuck it to a local publisher or I may just send it abroad.

In the meantime, I hope everyone's doing okay this past month. I, for one, would have rather done without some stuff but what can we do but keep on living, keep on writing and hope that there's a marshmallow lining in the dark clouds. And if not, we can try to write one for ourselves.

***
In the meantime, there's been come cool stuff been posted out there, including the Pinoy Transgressive website run by Marge de Leon and Karl "M.F." de Mesa. Right now they have some interesting and kick-ass stories to tell from writers like Carljoe Javier, Iwa Wilwayco, Jonathan Jimena Siason, and contributions as well from the co-editors.

What's transgressive fiction? Check out the blog: all the information's there. And if you feel like you want to contribute, pop them an email. They'd love to hear from you people as well.

Spread the reading love, yo!

No comments: